Just a one way ticket please
- Ruins of St. Paul's Church, Malaysia
So, I am finally home after many days of travel. I wish I didn't have to pack my things up to catch my final cab ride and flight home. My inner Ian Wright craves to keep going and going, constantly seeking new sights and adventures never needing to turn back.
But that leaves me to wonder, is home really home? In four weeks time, I'll be back in Perth. Perhaps several months from then, I could be off to somewhere else, somewhere new or be back in Malaysia over my break before heading back to Perth again for my studies. What about after I'm done with university? I could be anywhere! Where exactly is home now? It seems like the permanent home I have known for the past 20 years is now turning into a temporary shelter, just like my place in Perth and wherever I'd end up after that. I can't help but wonder where and what's next.
But that leaves me to wonder, is home really home? In four weeks time, I'll be back in Perth. Perhaps several months from then, I could be off to somewhere else, somewhere new or be back in Malaysia over my break before heading back to Perth again for my studies. What about after I'm done with university? I could be anywhere! Where exactly is home now? It seems like the permanent home I have known for the past 20 years is now turning into a temporary shelter, just like my place in Perth and wherever I'd end up after that. I can't help but wonder where and what's next.
