
I woke up strangely early today, just a little past 7 in the morning but I drifted back to sleep shortly after. Maybe I shouldn't have because I had one of the most heart wrenching dreams I've ever had. The sheer thought of it cuts a hole through my heart :(
I dreamt that someone very very dear to me had passed away. The news was truly shattering and being miles away from home means I didn't get to say my last goodbye. I was mourning with deep regret of how I wished I spent more time with them, cherished them a little better, not taking them for granted and perhaps I should have showed them exactly how much I love them when they were still present. How could I have been so selfish? Oh I was bawling my eyes out when I got up. I can only be grateful it was all just a bad dream.
Maybe this is what second chances are all about?
