Monday, 28 June 2010

X, Y, and Z

Random blurts.

1. Reading world news can be greatly depressing. However, Science always saves the day with news on new developments or discoveries.

2. I think some birds are really modern-day dinosaurs save they're now in the 21st century and people don't think of creatures of the 21st century as dinosaurs.



3. Whenever I'm taking the public transport, I secretly wish I would be in the position of giving my seat up to someone who deserves it more than I do (obese people excluded).

4. Mobile phones are astonishing. Nearly non-existent a generation ago, they're fucking everywhere now. I feel so greatly insecure and almost lost when I am without mine. Don't you?

5. Speaking of mobile phones, I just discovered Sony Ericsson's new range of phones that incorporates green innovation and the idea of sustainability under the trademark Greenheart. It's greatly endearing to me and I know what phone I should get next now.

6. I need to rethink some things about myself. Don't know exactly what yet.

7. When something bad happens, I discover asking myself what I have learnt suddenly makes the situation much more bearable knowing that there's at least some take away points and points for self-improvement. Not all is lost right?

8. I somehow have a feeling I'll never get married. I shall be the bridesmaid but never the bride. No particular reason why. Just a feeling.

9. I wonder how many sleepless nights do I put my mum through when I'm away from home like this.

10. I also wonder if I have mental *defects like ADHD. E.g. I have the habit of listening to a new song that I like on repeat (almost) all day long for the next 1-7 days. It would be surprising if my housemates do not think I'm retarded.

[Edit: It could also be OCD - obsessive-compulsive disorder]

* Very subjective use of word. I do not perceive mental conditions as negative or defective but I'm referring to my own brain here.

11. Bad dreams are far better than unrealistically good dreams.

12. How different would the world be like if no borders exist? Would it work?

[Edit: After much thought, I don't see how it's possible at all]

13. This break hasn't been doing my sleeping pattern a good favour. Eeks! I've been so excited about staying up and sleeping in, I forgot about fixing my sleep problems. Dear me, thanks for the reminder.