The pot is just as black
I was just catching up with some Malaysian news via thestar.com.my today and this particular poll caught my attention:

How fucking appalling. I shall repeat myself. How motherfucking appalling. God damn third world mentality. What the hell is wrong with you people who voted yes.
I'll assume it's about a mother cruelly leaving her unwanted child to starve and rot away at some dumpster or dodgy public toilet. Seems like that's what hitting the Malaysian headlines a lot lately.
1. No parent in their right mind will abandon their little jewel unless there is a reason that clamours so direly. I suspect most would have been due to shame and the possibility of social stigmatisation, say an out of wedlock/teenage parenthood. Second possibility would be financial burden. Or perhaps, the lack of readiness for the embrace of a new child.
2. Imposing a death penalty will not counter the problem. The fear of death alone will not deter people from crossing barred lines because the human body is highly capable of crossing limits when it becomes compelled enough. It's about providing options - abortion, adoption, awareness, support, counselling etc. It's about preventing the terrible act from happening in the first place.
3. Putting one on the death roll does not make one any higher than the one who has just taken the life of another away. You are just as low and murderous. The only exception would be if the person is an obvious psychopath like one with a tendency for incestual rape and murder or something filthy along that line.
I am sure most are just normal people who have unfortunately been pushed a little too far off the edge because they weren't granted the options or are a subject to stigma. They should be tried but death sentence, oh no no no. I can't fathom the absurdity of sentencing one to death when the problem is actually avoidable.
I'll assume it's about a mother cruelly leaving her unwanted child to starve and rot away at some dumpster or dodgy public toilet. Seems like that's what hitting the Malaysian headlines a lot lately.
1. No parent in their right mind will abandon their little jewel unless there is a reason that clamours so direly. I suspect most would have been due to shame and the possibility of social stigmatisation, say an out of wedlock/teenage parenthood. Second possibility would be financial burden. Or perhaps, the lack of readiness for the embrace of a new child.
2. Imposing a death penalty will not counter the problem. The fear of death alone will not deter people from crossing barred lines because the human body is highly capable of crossing limits when it becomes compelled enough. It's about providing options - abortion, adoption, awareness, support, counselling etc. It's about preventing the terrible act from happening in the first place.
3. Putting one on the death roll does not make one any higher than the one who has just taken the life of another away. You are just as low and murderous. The only exception would be if the person is an obvious psychopath like one with a tendency for incestual rape and murder or something filthy along that line.
I am sure most are just normal people who have unfortunately been pushed a little too far off the edge because they weren't granted the options or are a subject to stigma. They should be tried but death sentence, oh no no no. I can't fathom the absurdity of sentencing one to death when the problem is actually avoidable.
