Almond eye inconclusions

There's a lot of things that I don't understand. One of them happens to be about being Asian - the cultures, traditions and stereotypes. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining about my roots. I'm grateful for that but there are just things which I can't bring myself to agree with.
Since I got to Australia, I have been constantly reminded by family members to watch my ways as my behaviour could very well create misconceptions. Do not take photos with too many guys (especially white ones. although if you insist, do not share them at least). Do not wear too little clothes, do not this, do not that. Why? Because I'd be seen as some loose slut. I'd drive potential spouses away, I'd give my future-in-laws wrong ideas, you get the drift.
It does not make any sense to me at all. If you think about it, how is that supposed to change the way I am as a person? Looks deceive. First impressions are not always spot-on. Hypothesises do not always conclude as theories. I just happen to be more comfortable about myself in some ways. Just because someone does not agree with the way I carry myself doesn't necessarily make me wrong or bad.
I feel that Asians judge people far too shallowly and too skin deep. They judge you completely by your looks, wealth and formal education but barely ever on who you are as a person, as a soul. We seem to enjoy putting other peoples views on us above all else. We crave for that approval that we can't seem to find from within ourselves. It's so dysfunctional that some would go all out to acquiring a fake degree, a flashy car that they could never ever afford or preach more than what they can live up to.
For me, I find true importance in being the best of what I want and can be for myself. I honestly do not care about how I am being perceived. I choose to sink into the sweetness of oblivion as long as deep down, I know that I have not caused anyone intentional harm and that I live my life with few regrets. I realised that a lot of times, those who judge you the most are the ones who know the least about you. Why bother then? I can't be bothered at all.
Since I got to Australia, I have been constantly reminded by family members to watch my ways as my behaviour could very well create misconceptions. Do not take photos with too many guys (especially white ones. although if you insist, do not share them at least). Do not wear too little clothes, do not this, do not that. Why? Because I'd be seen as some loose slut. I'd drive potential spouses away, I'd give my future-in-laws wrong ideas, you get the drift.
It does not make any sense to me at all. If you think about it, how is that supposed to change the way I am as a person? Looks deceive. First impressions are not always spot-on. Hypothesises do not always conclude as theories. I just happen to be more comfortable about myself in some ways. Just because someone does not agree with the way I carry myself doesn't necessarily make me wrong or bad.
I feel that Asians judge people far too shallowly and too skin deep. They judge you completely by your looks, wealth and formal education but barely ever on who you are as a person, as a soul. We seem to enjoy putting other peoples views on us above all else. We crave for that approval that we can't seem to find from within ourselves. It's so dysfunctional that some would go all out to acquiring a fake degree, a flashy car that they could never ever afford or preach more than what they can live up to.
For me, I find true importance in being the best of what I want and can be for myself. I honestly do not care about how I am being perceived. I choose to sink into the sweetness of oblivion as long as deep down, I know that I have not caused anyone intentional harm and that I live my life with few regrets. I realised that a lot of times, those who judge you the most are the ones who know the least about you. Why bother then? I can't be bothered at all.
