Saturday, 24 October 2009

Just who am I?


Just two more weeks till my final exams. I am once again reminded of how quickly time flies. It has been nearly nine months since I packed my things up and left home to be in a foreign land. Not too long from now, I'd be jet-setting home to catch up with loved ones, picking up and rekindling the little pieces of my heart that I have left behind.

I wonder exactly how much have I changed since that nine months ago. It didn't feel like it was a period long enough to potentially trigger a major change. However, the words I am getting from home seem to be telling otherwise. I am not particularly sure what they are all about but it did sound like it was for the worse. I'd like to think deep down, fundamentally, I'm still the same person as I was. I may be carrying some extra flesh and a slightly alcohol damaged liver but how bad can that get?

And I was just thinking, if I did change, who exactly am I now? Am I still be the June that everyone knows or remembers me by? That has sort of lead me to delay my trip home for a little while till early January instead of mid-November right after my exams. I'm just too afraid of being home for too long being someone I wasn't.