Burning the midnight oil
It's 12.00 a.m. and here I am in my university's computer lab, geeking out and attempting to do some extreme last minute cramming for my SPSS test tomorrow. So much for never rocking up for my Statistical Data Analysis tutorials and lectures! To my surprise, the lab is actually fairly occupied at this rather ungodly hour. It's almost like there's a party going on. Some sort of queer, nerdy, assignment rushing, study kinda party. I suppose as the end of semester draws closer, exam stresses start to rise exponentially and the pressure to excel (or pass) begins to sky rocket.
I like being in the uni lab until the wee hours of the morning. I find myself getting more studying done as opposed to me studying at home (usually an epic fail case). I reckon it's to do with the more conducive learning environment - the better lighting, air-conditioning, 22" monitors, access to programs like the latest Adobe CS4, etc. Plus I don't get that horrible constant urge to ransack the fridge!
Not to mention, I get to occasionally perve on an eye candy sitting somewhere across the room from me. Tonight, I was luckier. One sat right opposite to me but sadly our computer screens were in the way. Tall, hunky and somewhat good-looking. Yum. I'm taking a guess that he's Middle Eastern.
This random attraction intrigues me in a way. I used to find myself being attracted to just nerdish/scrawny-looking Chinese boys until I moved here. My options have opened up a lot. I have stopped buying the idea of dating guys of the same background as mine. Mixing is good. I believe it would make people discriminate less and become more tolerable to cultural differences.. which is exactly what the world needs more of :D
I like being in the uni lab until the wee hours of the morning. I find myself getting more studying done as opposed to me studying at home (usually an epic fail case). I reckon it's to do with the more conducive learning environment - the better lighting, air-conditioning, 22" monitors, access to programs like the latest Adobe CS4, etc. Plus I don't get that horrible constant urge to ransack the fridge!
Not to mention, I get to occasionally perve on an eye candy sitting somewhere across the room from me. Tonight, I was luckier. One sat right opposite to me but sadly our computer screens were in the way. Tall, hunky and somewhat good-looking. Yum. I'm taking a guess that he's Middle Eastern.
This random attraction intrigues me in a way. I used to find myself being attracted to just nerdish/scrawny-looking Chinese boys until I moved here. My options have opened up a lot. I have stopped buying the idea of dating guys of the same background as mine. Mixing is good. I believe it would make people discriminate less and become more tolerable to cultural differences.. which is exactly what the world needs more of :D
