Friday, 27 November 2009

A heart endoscopy

It looks like the Junebug has been single for nearly a year and a little bird seems to be hinting that the bug is somehow ready for love again. Ah, the joy of being in love. I suppose that may explain why I suddenly have a list of potential dates that spans from A-Z popping up before me. I am finally considering the options. Yes, I really am. Speaking of which, I almost dumped myself into a relationship with this one dude quite recently. He turned out to be a sleuche (a sleaze + douche) quite sadly.

Anyway, after much thought, I am still not certain if I am really up (or fit enough) for a new relationship. I was just thinking, if I were to allow myself to be in love with someone I do adore, I would actually want that relationship to last knowing how incredibly choosy I can be. This means it would be something more of a long-term thing instead of a flingy casual sex kinda thing. But looking at my age calendar, I am now 20 and I don't fancy having another 2-5 years of my life being gobbled up by one massive relationship such as my previous one which fails at the end of the day. Or perhaps I should just jump into a relationship first and worry later? Who knows, it could prove to be worthwhile right? It's quite a gamble though and the Junebug does not like making uncalculated decisions.

I get asked quite often here why a girl of my calibre *ahem LOL* is unattached. Truthfully, I don't find great necessity in being in a relationship as much as I enjoy being in love. Love is not always that rosy anyway. I quite enjoy my singledom. I have that blissful freedom of teasing and flirting with whoever I want obligations and guilt free. The other reason to that is I have not found someone I adore enough to give in to completely. I don't want to be in a half arsed commitment because that would not be very fair and if I do find that special someone who's able to sweep me off my feet, he would very surely have my utmost trust, loyalty and love.

I think those close to me would know just how much I adore intelligent boys with a professional career who are generally a couple years my senior. I mean, seriously, nothing turns me on more than having a guy I can talk about global issues, politics, religion, science, sexuality and random quirky things to. Ultimately, I guess, I would just like to be someone who loves me and treats me well. I'd just really like to be with someone I could love wholeheartedly and draw great inspiration and admiration from. Being a good kisser is a requisite though LOL. Anyway, I don't suppose I'm asking for too much. The search, however, does prove to be a lot more difficult than said. I suppose the Junebug will not be falling in love any time too soon as forecasted.