My brain is officially fried

Image source: Geology 102 Lecture 16
Four down and one to go. I think Geology 102 has killed a portion of my brain.. especially the bits on metamorphism. Metamorphic isograds, the formation, mineral assemblages for Barrovian-style regional metamorphism, retrogression, metamorphic facies, phase diagrams, mineral stability bla bla. All that in three weeks worth of Geology 102 lectures hey.
Anyhoo, after my exam today, I decided to make up for loss sleep by napping my afternoon away. Just while I was dozing off, my thoughts ran stray. Half awake, I was just thinking about my metamorphic stuff for a bit. And suddenly for a quick minute, my brain just went wilddddd. It somehow suddenly god-knows-why started to think that metamorphic rocks are a product of igneous and sedimentary rock sex. LOL So apparently in subduction zones where metamorphism occurs or during magmatic intrusions, rocks somehow have sex with each other there and tadah, produce something new. LOL. I was surprised. Very surprised in fact, almost shocked, and also very much embarrassed by the fact that my brain is capable of coming up with such uncanny thoughts. I guess that goes to show my brain is really fried. Crispy brain on satay stick anyone? :(
Actually, on second thought, I think 'rock sex' is a much needed simplification for metamorphism.
Anyhoo, after my exam today, I decided to make up for loss sleep by napping my afternoon away. Just while I was dozing off, my thoughts ran stray. Half awake, I was just thinking about my metamorphic stuff for a bit. And suddenly for a quick minute, my brain just went wilddddd. It somehow suddenly god-knows-why started to think that metamorphic rocks are a product of igneous and sedimentary rock sex. LOL So apparently in subduction zones where metamorphism occurs or during magmatic intrusions, rocks somehow have sex with each other there and tadah, produce something new. LOL. I was surprised. Very surprised in fact, almost shocked, and also very much embarrassed by the fact that my brain is capable of coming up with such uncanny thoughts. I guess that goes to show my brain is really fried. Crispy brain on satay stick anyone? :(
Actually, on second thought, I think 'rock sex' is a much needed simplification for metamorphism.
