Thursday, 25 February 2010

The meltdown

Talk about good timing. It was 39°C yesterday and 42°C today. Omgggg. How do people survive in this scorching heat? I am not far from turning into a roast turkey. But hooray for evaporative cooling! Method 1: Taking a cold shower then leaving the bathroom without being towelled dry and sitting in front of the fan butt nude. Method 2: Wearing a wet shirt with the fan blasting at you. Method 3: Rubbing ice cube all over your body. Method 4: Wiping your body with a wet cloth. Licking works pretty well too when you're too lazy to damp a piece of cloth. LOL. Desperate situations call for desperate measures.

On the bright side, the heat actually makes a good appetite suppressant. I've only had one meal since I arrived Perth. Maybe I can start looking into shedding the whooping 6kg I gained last year. Ice cream and ice blended slushie sounds like a good dinner for tonight though. Hmmm but there goes my weight loss plan.


- Rottnest Island, WA