Thursday, 18 February 2010

My favourite time of the year

Seriously, nothing beats the festivity of Chinese New Year. There is so much about Chinese New Year that I look forward to every year. It's those massive reunions with friends and family members, red packets filled generously with money, grand firework displays coming from all corners of the neighbourhood despite being illegal and those ridiculous amounts of savoury junk food and soft drinks!

When I was younger, I wasn't able to appreciate this celebration as much. To me then, it was just another CNY celebration, like meh this is so overrated. As I got older, I started to realise how CNY is the very few times when everyone gets to get together to share our best times. My very favourite part about CNY is the visitings with my school friends which goes a long way back to 2002 when we first got into secondary school. It has pretty much turned into an annual tradition for most of us. Throughout those years before any of us got our driver's license, I remember my friends and I would have to painstakingly walk through endless rows of neighbourhood streets, asking for lifts from one house to another and to arrange for our elder siblings or friends to be our designated drivers for the day. Ah, the good times :)

This year's CNY was unspeakably fun for me. I managed to catch up with some friends I have not seen in years as we exchanged endless stories of the present and past and shared shitloads of laughter and nostalgia. It's as if those days in school would never fade away. I suppose perhaps not in our hearts. Here's a compilation of shameless CNY visiting photos dating wayy back to 2004 :O



2010: Everyone somehow decided to crash Catherine's! Poor girl had a fright :D


2009: Self-timering with the camera somewhat mispositioned on the sofa


2008: Visiting Hui Sun on the first day of CNY together with Darling and friends and my awfully funky hair


2007: Quickie group shot outside Kitty's and here's a rare shot of the once chubby Jerome omg :D


2006: The Nine's + Maynard. Eric's living room became a makeshift photography studio.


2005: The Nine's at the exboyfriend's


2004: This is the oldest it gets hahhaa :O