It's not about loneliness
I seem to be managing my life here better this year around. The chores aren't as daunting, deciding what to cook is a breeze, it isn't as difficult to keep up with my studies as it did last year and I am actually shedding those access body mass with minimal effort. Yet, something doesn't feel right. I'm not in my happiest state. For all I know, I could even be sinking into mild depression. I'm getting irritable, impatient and all that I'm not meant to be.
Someone reckon it could be from the loneliness. But I never feel like I'm short of friends here. I have friends to party, drink, shop and study with. It's all a matter of who I want to call or hang out with. Worse comes to worst, I still have my housemates or one of those random guys out there who's crushing on me to talk to. Maybe I've been boxed in my little bedroom for far too much.
I decided to keep myself preoccupied by being more outgoing and social during this long uni Easter break. But why am I not feeling any better? Why is that emptiness still raging within? Finally it hits me, it's not about loneliness, it's about being separated from my loved ones. All of them - my family, my dogs, my exhousemates Joyce, Cerise, Priscilla and Ali and all my bestest friends. I have been back in Perth for a while now but I have yet to find someone whom I can draw love from. It makes perfect sense now.
Someone reckon it could be from the loneliness. But I never feel like I'm short of friends here. I have friends to party, drink, shop and study with. It's all a matter of who I want to call or hang out with. Worse comes to worst, I still have my housemates or one of those random guys out there who's crushing on me to talk to. Maybe I've been boxed in my little bedroom for far too much.
I decided to keep myself preoccupied by being more outgoing and social during this long uni Easter break. But why am I not feeling any better? Why is that emptiness still raging within? Finally it hits me, it's not about loneliness, it's about being separated from my loved ones. All of them - my family, my dogs, my exhousemates Joyce, Cerise, Priscilla and Ali and all my bestest friends. I have been back in Perth for a while now but I have yet to find someone whom I can draw love from. It makes perfect sense now.
