Fearless: imagine life without fear
Fearless: imagine life without fear - that's the title of this one book I bought fairly recently. To my dismay, it's all about Jesus and Christianity but thankfully, the title of the book itself is inspiring enough to allow me to keep it, otherwise, out the window it goes because the last thing I need is to be told how to live my life by a fictitious messiah. So, what would life be without fear? And the LG HDTV Live Borderless (spell check reckons it should be odourless haha :D) advert replays in my head - free, unrestrained, with nothing but possibilities. It speaks straight to my heart.
I've been eating like a machine lately, savouring and devouring every ounce of good food I can lay my mouth on LOL. Several months of Kuching and home-cooked food deprivation can quite certainly lead to some astonishing changes to one's diet and figure. And in this case, mine and it isn't for the better. For a large part of my life, weight issues have always been vicarious. I never thought it would hit me this soon and Dad reckons I'm not too far away from morphing into a piglet. This is clearly not something to be too proud of.
The sky-rocketing body mass does call for a cause for concern. Add another 3-4 kg, I'd be 10kg heavier than I was merely 3 years ago. On a 5'3" tall (or short, whichever tickles your fancy) body, a 10kg gain is like turning Timon into Pumba. As I look around me here, for the first time ever, in my mind, I'm bloodyhell seeing anorexics everywhere. God, all you skinny people, EAT or I shall declare an anorexia pandemic. But I know it's just me. I'm losing my magical Asian diet touch LOL."Yeah, you're a chunk of Australian pork chop now," that's all the Brother has got to say. I'm outpacing my metabolism and I should seriously, seriously hold back.
I was just thinking though, life is short. And seriously, why hold back when you don't exactly wish to? But I would risk a plummeting self-esteem, a closet of beautiful clothing made redundant, a lifelong list of diseases and health deteriorations before me, and an arsenal of boys once at my disposal gone. Consequences or fear? Fear of consequences maybe. But fear is an evolutionary product to act as a 'built-in safety feature' to keep us curious little things from harm. Maybe I should heed the warning.
But what if we could all just eat away, do whatever we want, without being conformed by fear and borders like social norms? As long as we have lived life to the fullest, finding ultimate happiness in ourselves within ourselves - an enriching, prosperous sort of life. Living life in self-confinement, or living the life, pushing the boundaries (no pun intended LOL)? Which would you rather? I think I'm embracing the latter.
I've been eating like a machine lately, savouring and devouring every ounce of good food I can lay my mouth on LOL. Several months of Kuching and home-cooked food deprivation can quite certainly lead to some astonishing changes to one's diet and figure. And in this case, mine and it isn't for the better. For a large part of my life, weight issues have always been vicarious. I never thought it would hit me this soon and Dad reckons I'm not too far away from morphing into a piglet. This is clearly not something to be too proud of.
The sky-rocketing body mass does call for a cause for concern. Add another 3-4 kg, I'd be 10kg heavier than I was merely 3 years ago. On a 5'3" tall (or short, whichever tickles your fancy) body, a 10kg gain is like turning Timon into Pumba. As I look around me here, for the first time ever, in my mind, I'm bloodyhell seeing anorexics everywhere. God, all you skinny people, EAT or I shall declare an anorexia pandemic. But I know it's just me. I'm losing my magical Asian diet touch LOL."Yeah, you're a chunk of Australian pork chop now," that's all the Brother has got to say. I'm outpacing my metabolism and I should seriously, seriously hold back.
I was just thinking though, life is short. And seriously, why hold back when you don't exactly wish to? But I would risk a plummeting self-esteem, a closet of beautiful clothing made redundant, a lifelong list of diseases and health deteriorations before me, and an arsenal of boys once at my disposal gone. Consequences or fear? Fear of consequences maybe. But fear is an evolutionary product to act as a 'built-in safety feature' to keep us curious little things from harm. Maybe I should heed the warning.
But what if we could all just eat away, do whatever we want, without being conformed by fear and borders like social norms? As long as we have lived life to the fullest, finding ultimate happiness in ourselves within ourselves - an enriching, prosperous sort of life. Living life in self-confinement, or living the life, pushing the boundaries (no pun intended LOL)? Which would you rather? I think I'm embracing the latter.
