Something to remember by

My archive of photos on my laptop currently contains 21,950 files in 280 folders. That is indeed a lot of photographs for one who isn't a photographer by profession to store and to have taken. With the modern convenience of digital cameras, computers, and memory cards, what's there to lose really?
I for one can not live without my compact camera. I'll usually have one by my side whenever I'm out and about. You'll never know when it would come in handy. Hint: It makes an awesome 'scanner' LOL ie. when it comes to 'photocopying' notes/assignment answers off a mate or 'jolting down' important lecture notes/hints from whiteboards which your lecturer might erase moments later.
Before I had a camera, I remember seeing amazing things around me all the time. The surreal sunset by the beach, the solemnity of an old man sitting alone by the corner thinking deeply to himself, the rapturous happiness on everyone's face during family gatherings, the carefree joy of my dogs playing with each other in the yard, to name a few. They were all left uncaptured to be slowly forgotten through time. How could they be?
21,950 photos and counting from 2004 till today, believe it or not, each and everyone of them are held very dearly in my heart. They bear precious moments that would never be replayed and relived. They give me something to remember and reminisce all my life moments by. I also have a slight paranoia about memory loss. Not today, but in several decades time. Diseases like Alzheimer's could hit anyone when they are past their prime. Who would you be then, without a memory, without a history? Photographs would be your only identity back-up. I maintain this blog for the same purpose - to be my memory security and vault.
And whenever I take a look back at my old photographs, I am reminded of how glorious and fragile life is through all the wonderful times I have had.
I for one can not live without my compact camera. I'll usually have one by my side whenever I'm out and about. You'll never know when it would come in handy. Hint: It makes an awesome 'scanner' LOL ie. when it comes to 'photocopying' notes/assignment answers off a mate or 'jolting down' important lecture notes/hints from whiteboards which your lecturer might erase moments later.
Before I had a camera, I remember seeing amazing things around me all the time. The surreal sunset by the beach, the solemnity of an old man sitting alone by the corner thinking deeply to himself, the rapturous happiness on everyone's face during family gatherings, the carefree joy of my dogs playing with each other in the yard, to name a few. They were all left uncaptured to be slowly forgotten through time. How could they be?
21,950 photos and counting from 2004 till today, believe it or not, each and everyone of them are held very dearly in my heart. They bear precious moments that would never be replayed and relived. They give me something to remember and reminisce all my life moments by. I also have a slight paranoia about memory loss. Not today, but in several decades time. Diseases like Alzheimer's could hit anyone when they are past their prime. Who would you be then, without a memory, without a history? Photographs would be your only identity back-up. I maintain this blog for the same purpose - to be my memory security and vault.
And whenever I take a look back at my old photographs, I am reminded of how glorious and fragile life is through all the wonderful times I have had.
